- Our national leaders partner with villages that are committed to restoring their forests.
- We then hire and train local villagers to plant new trees.
- They plant native tree species.
- The villages protect their new forests because they have a vested interest in them.
- Top tier seedling survival rate - over 80%. Even higher when natural generation is factored in.
VILLAGES MANAGE OUR NURSERIES & PLANTING SITES:
We start by hiring the local villagers to plant trees. This gives them a decent income so they can provide for their families again. As the reforestation effort goes on, healthy forests begin to emerge and all the negative effects of deforestation begin to disappear.
Here's a message from our CEO with a summary of last's year's exciting work:
Sign up for email updates to get notified about results and project updates.