Back to Employ to Plant Home

Employ to Plant - How it works & FAQs

Provide Employment

Provide employment to a head of household who desperately needs a job and alleviate extreme poverty for an entire family for only $100 per month. Support can be segmented into shares of $25.00/month.

With employment, the family will:

  • Purchase safe and healthy food
  • Send their children to school
  • Afford medical attention as needed
  • Buy clothes and other basic necessities
  • Receive regular income even as they continue to be farmers or fishermen

Produce and plant seedlings that grow into forests:

Eden Reforestation Projects is one of the most cost-effective groups on the planet, planting and guarding forests to maturity for as little as 10ยข per tree.

Frequently Asked Questions

Who administers the funds of the sponsorship program?

  • Each country has a field coordinator who administers donated funds. They are carefully chosen leaders who work closely with U.S. based operations.

What is the best way to get my support to a worker?

  1. Debit or Credit Card: You can set up a monthly recurring donation through our website at:
  2. A monthly check sent to The Eden Projects. To reduce postal expenses, consider sending your support annually, semi-annually or quarterly. When writing a check, please make it payable to: Eden Reforestation Projects, write the employee number of the person you sponsor in the memo section and send it to:
    150 E. Meda Ave, Suite 210
    Glendora, CA 91741

Does anyone else support the worker I sponsor?

  • That is up to you. You can choose to provide full sponsorship to an employee for only $100 per month (or think of it as $3.33 per day) or you can provide partial sponsorship by splitting your sponsorship with up to three others in $25 per month increments.

What happens if I miss a payment?

  • We understand that sometimes life gets busy and a payment slips by. If that happens please send in the missed payment as soon as possible. If support is not received within 30 days of the original payment date, your employee may be returned to the sponsorship queue.

What percentage of my support reaches the worker?

  • 80% of your monthly donation directly supports the employee. The remaining 20% is used for the administration of the Employ to Plant program.

How long does my sponsorship last?

  • We hope your commitment to sponsor an Eden employee will be ongoing. If the employee you sponsor leaves their position with Eden, we will provide you with a new employee to sponsor, whose profile is similar to your previous employee.

Beta Test Feedback Form