Six factors considered when launching a new project
When exploring a potential project nation, there are many factors taken into consideration to ensure a successful and sustainable launch. A few of the factors we examine are:
- The Need: Evaluating the overall community need for reforestation from both a poverty alleviation standpoint as well as an environmental restoration view.
- Community Buy-In: Ensuring the support and involvement of the local community to establish a holistic restoration approach.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Considering whether the potential project nation will be cost beneficial for both the community members and donors alike.
- Local Leaders: Establishing a trustworthy local leadership team involves community members to restore their environment and community.
- Infrastructure: Setting up basic infrastructure such as nurseries, guardhouses, office space, and reliable transportation to planting sites are just a few examples.
- Communication: Ensuring a quality internet connection to track planting and communicate with teams in the field.
We are excited to bring you along in the process of expanding projects in Ethiopia, Brazil, and the Philippines. To learn more about what it takes to launch a new project nation, watch our video to hear from Sehr, our Director of International Operations.
How you can help plant trees and save lives
Join us in restoring the environment and supporting communities for the long-term by becoming a partner, a donor, or a carbon project sponsor.